Kate Horne is the Director of KH Learning Company
She moved on to manage Oxfam overseas programmes in Africa in 1994, heading up development and humanitarian aid programmes in Burundi, Angola and Mozambique for 6 years.
Since returning to the UK in 2000 she has worked on a wide range of private, public and voluntary sector consultancy projects focusing on change management, leadership and team development, strategy development, and coaching.
Kate is a highly skilled group facilitator, and executive coach whose approach is empowering, confidence building, action and results oriented. She is a qualified Solutions Focussed coach and Myers Briggs Practitioner, and fluent in French and Portuguese.
Your Success Matters
I care about your success, so whatever I do it’s designed to help you, your team and your organisation meet and exceed your goals.
KH Learning Company is small and flexible – I can work with you over a longer period on large interventions such as leadership programmes, managing your training function or through a complete change programme. On the other hand I can come along on a one-off basis to facilitate a meeting for you. I’m linked in with a wide range of brilliant contacts and associate companies offering loads of varied experience, expertise, and diversity. If you want a big job doing, or something different – we can scale up or branch out.
Designed to fit you
Because I'm interested in you and what is important to you – you’ll find I'm good at listening, quick to learn and understand you. As a result you’ll also find that my work will be carefully designed to fit you perfectly.
Good to work with
I have a few core values which are important to me and guide the way I work. I believe that successful organisations and leaders are built on solid relationships. I like relationships (with associates, our clients, participants in workshops and events) to be built on trust and understanding; open to difference, straight talking, creativity and new approaches. I like to be confident and promote confidence. I want you to experience me as reliable, friendly, relaxed and fun to work with.
I’m especially good at change – I understand it, know how different people deal differently with change, and can help you manage change in your organisation.
KH Learning Company is able to offer professional service backed up by years of on the ground experience and qualifications in Organisation Development, Business Psychology, Coaching, Training, Business Strategy and Planning – and more.
Value for money
As a small company overheads are small and I can offer fantastic value for money!
Training and Qualifications
- Licensed to use HOGAN personality profiler and TIP - The International Profiler, and trained in the use of Predictive Index
- Certificate in Organisation Development (National Training Laboratories Institute, USA)
- Certificate in Coaching (Middlesex University accredited)
- Certified Myers Briggs and Firo B Practitioner (Oxford Psychologists Press), and Team Management Systems International / Margerison McCann
- Certificate in Stress Management (Centre for Stress Management)
- Certificate in Person-centred and Psychodynamic Counselling (Oxford University)
- Organisation Development and Group Process Consultancy (Fontaine Group – US)
- Solutions Focus Professional (The Solutions Focus)
- Diploma in Training Management (CIPD)
- Certified to use Strengths Deployment Inventory (PSP)
- Emotional Intelligence Psychometric (JCA Occupational Psychologists)
- Certified NLP Practitioner (NLP World)
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction, working 1-2-1 (Bangor University)
- Transactional Analysis 101 (Wealden Institute)
Continuing Professional Development
I make sure that my skill and practice are continually refreshed and improved by undertaking training each year. I am also part of an Action Learning group of peers and receive regular supervision.
Standards and Ethics
I am a member of the Association for Coaching and follow their Code of Ethics and Good Practice.
Feedback from Clients
This is my most valuable learning tool – I encourage clients to let me know what they think and how valuable my service has been to them.